The measure of a community's success is the support and opportunity it provides to children, families, adults, and seniors. Volunteer coaches, program leaders, policy-setting board members, and fund raisers invest thousands of hours at the YMCA to serve their community because they believe in the lasting benefits of the YMCA. Volunteer today!
At the Wabash County YMCA, your time and talent go a long way. Every hour spent as a YMCA volunteer translates into:
- The caring attention vital to a child or a teen, helping them to make smart choices
- Support for families stressed by the economy and time pressures
- Helping people of all ages and abilities to lead healthier lives
Throughout the year, there are a number of opportunities to lend a hand to your community. If you see one that interests you, don’t hesitate to ask! As a Wabash County YMCA volunteer, your time and talent go a long way. Here are some ideas:
- Serve on a committee
- Help people in need by getting involved in the community support campaign
- Create an experience as a special event volunteer
- Help a child improve their reading as a Summer Central volunteer
- Sprucing up the Y facility - inside and out
- Help a child learn how to swim through the Water Safety Program
- Health Fair Traffic Directors
- Change a child's life through mentoring
- Serve as a role model as a youth sports coach
- Use your love of gardening to reduce the summer hunger problem
The Y is more than a gym — we’re a movement dedicated to improving the quality of lives in our community by developing youth, encouraging social responsibility, and promoting healthy living. And we don’t do it alone. Thanks to the support of countless volunteers and donors, we’re able to serve thousands of people each year through programs and services that are paid for solely through donations, not membership dues.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
There are more than 2,000 YMCAs in the United States. All of them are directed by volunteer boards. The Wabash County YMCA Board of Directors includes 18 members of the community who believe in providing the best YMCA for those that don't have the ability to pay for programs.
For a list of our esteemed Board of Directors, please click here.