A BRIGHTER FUTURE AT THE WABASH COUNTY YMCA!
The Wabash County YMCA offers full-time, part-time and seasonal career opportunities in a wide variety of areas. Check out our latest openings in be a force for good!
Continuous Improvement Director
NOW HIRING: WELLNESS DIRECTOR
The Wabash County YMCA currently has an opportunity available for an individual to develop and implement outstanding engagement experiences for members in land and aquatic fitness classes, personal training services, active older adult programs, and health/well-being activities for our youth, teens, adults, and families.
This position requires a creative/innovative approach to program development, a commitment to serving health seekers of all ages and abilities, and an understanding of holistic health and well-being. An understanding of the role health and well-being plays in member value, member service, and member retention is essential. The perfect candidate will have a background in leading, working with teams, and building relationships with both staff and members.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expand the Member Wellness and Fitness Journey experience
- Available, visible, and approachable to staff, members, and co-workers
- Compile program statistics; Monitor and evaluate quality and participation
- Schedule monthly group exercise calendar, update mobile application
- Substitute for group exercise instructors when necessary to reduce interruption in service
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule, and direct personnel and volunteers as needed. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Schedule staff trainings and certifications
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with your team, other staff, volunteers, partners, and vendors
- Develop and manage departmental budget(s).
- Assist in coordination of community events as well as corporate health and wellness initiatives, programs, and events. Give presentations and represent the Y at community events, health fairs, civic clubs, etc to promote YMCA programs and services
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution or at least four years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership and administrative experience in Wellness, Nutrition, Group Exercise, or other related areas.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office components, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and articulate and enforce Y policies in a positive manner.
- Strong customer service, listening, and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven supervisory/management skills.
- Demonstrated competency in fiscal management, administration, promotion, budgeting, and program development.
- Proven experience in building relationships with families and health seekers of all ages and abilities.
Physical demands: Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions of the position.
Salary: $32,000 - $34,000 Exempt Position
Benefits: retirement, group medical, vision, and life (upon eligibility), paid time off, regional membership, and reduced program fees.
Qualified applicants are invited to email cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references for consideration to DeAnne Clifton:
NOW HIRING: CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT DIRECTOR
Job Description: The Wabash County YMCA has an opportunity for an effective individual to be responsible for program evaluation including: program and participant data collection, analysis and reporting, fidelity management, program quality assessment, academic and non-cognitive outcomes, and reporting and acting on results. We are focused on programs that address the achievement gap in holistic youth development settings. These programs address the achievement gap through early learning, summer learning, afterschool and the Wabash County Promise. This position is grant funded.
- Implement and refine multiple data collection and evaluation strategies for assigned programs
- Document program evaluation strategy, assess validity and recommend enhancements; maintain related program evaluation resources
- Analyze evaluation results and create written and/or multimedia reports
- Design and contribute to the continued development of centralized program data collection and reporting systems
- Support other Promise communities via e-mail, telephone, webinar, and in-person communication
- Train staff in program-specific evaluation strategies
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Identify and share relevant research
- Attend meetings to contribute program evaluation updates
- Conduct necessary site visits for fidelity, training and support
- Perform other duties as assigned
Strategic Impact of Position: This position empowers program staff to evaluate program performance and use the results to communicate achievements and to drive the continual improvement of Y programs to better serve participants and to foster growth, innovation, and funding opportunities.
Effective use of program evaluation supports impact measurement and helps the Y improve their ability to nurture the potential of kids, improve the nation's health and well-being, and provide opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree is preferred. Concentration in Education, Child Development, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Research Statistics, or a similar field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in research and evaluation methods such as: online and paper survey design, focus group research, and other methods of information gathering; logic model development; qualitative and quantitative analysis; statistical concepts
- Experience in external evaluation and statistical software preferred
- Experience building, validating or customizing data collection and evaluation tools, rubrics, and assessments is required
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, including participants, funders, and partners is required
- Advanced knowledge of survey software, relational databases, and Microsoft Office is required
- Ability to identify and implement third-party evaluation methods as appropriate is required
- Ability to develop and provide in-person and web-based presentations including training on evaluation systems and results of program evaluation is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must possess strong customer service skills; ability to work and reason independently, as well as within a team
- Experience with program management information systems data management business processes is preferred
- An experience-based understanding of youth development program evaluation, measurement of outcomes in direct and indirect support of academic achievement and in out-of-school settings is preferred
- Experience working with the YMCA, a nonprofit or network is preferred
- Requires a commitment to the YMCA character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
Salary: $34,000-$40,000 Non-Exempt Position
Additional Compensation Details:
Enjoy excellent benefits including health, life, retirement, paid time off package, and YMCA membership.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to e-mail their resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references to:
Resume Deadline: OPEN
Our core values are Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility. These values are part of all or our programs and guide us on how we treat each other. Our workplace culture is a fun, challenging, and caring working environment where you can build your career.
You’ll find some of the best and most satisfied people working for the Wabash County YMCA. Here you will be able to put your experiences, abilities, creativity, and energy to work and discover the talents within yourself as you touch the lives of those around you.
Ask anyone who works at the Wabash County YMCA and they will tell you, their job is so rewarding because it truly makes a difference in people's lives!
Intrigued? Fill out an application today! Here's an application!